ESMT Berlin is an international business school located in the center of Germany’s capital, and is dedicated to developing responsible, future-focused, and successful business leaders for a dynamic global marketplace.
The ESMT Master’s in Management (MIM), designed for candidates with 0-18 months of work experience, is a two-year, practice-oriented program that teaches general advanced management skills, regardless of your previous studies. Courses are divided into two tracks: Quantitative Business for analytical minds, and Innovative Management for strategic thinkers. Within these two tracks, students choose among four specializations: Business Analytics, Finance & Investments, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and Global & Digital Strategy. The ESMT MIM allows for students to gain up to 11 months of practical experience, through a mandatory internship and participation in the Social Impact Project, a chance to put relevant business skills to use for a non-profit organization working on social challenges in a developing country. In addition, students may choose to be involved in the Portfolio Management Program, in which they work in groups to actively analyze and manage a real-money investment portfolio of 3 million Euros. Throughout the two years, MIM students receive an array of professional development services, such as career coaching, language classes, soft skills workshops, networking events, and more.
ESMT also offers a full-time, one-year MBA. This program offers early-to-mid career professionals the opportunity to gain business capabilities and mindsets needed to succeed in management, whether within a corporation or in their own venture. Focus areas for studies include technology and innovation, entrepreneurship, and sustainable business.
Visit the historic ESMT campus in Berlin during an Open House event or a personal class visit.
- Our MBA and MIM classes are over 85% international, representing over 30 nationalities.
- Over 84% of the MIM and MBA graduates received job offers within 3 months after graduation and over 75% of them work in Germany.
- The research concept of ESMT sets three major research areas: Leadership, Innovation and Analytics.
- Until 1989 the ESMT Berlin Campus housed the headquarters of the East German government (DDR). After reunification, it has been renovated and transformed into one of Germany’s most modern educational centers.
- ESMT is located in Berlin, Europe’s most vibrant capital and center for entrepreneurship, design, cutting-edge architecture, famous nightlife, and unparalleled opportunities for both high-brow and alternative culture.